• Regularly scan and defragment your hard drive.
• Use canned, compressed air to clean out your keyboard, mouse and computer CPU.
• Use the application’s uninstaller (or Windows’ Programs & Features utility) to remove programs.
• Regularly clean up the contents of your temporary Internet files.
• Check to be sure that have up-to-date security patches from Microsoft.
• Periodically use your virus checker and make sure your virus definitions up to date.
• Don’t use water or harsh cleaners, especially on monitor screens.
• Don’t use Windows Explorer (or other such tools) to remove programs by deleting files and folders.
• Don’t shut down your computer by pushing the power button.
• Don’t edit the Registry yourself unless you’re 100% sure that you know what you’re doing.