Some Computer Maintenance Dos & Don’ts.
- Regularly run disk defragment, disk cleanup and scandisk on your hard drive.
- Use canned, compressed air to clean out your keyboard, mouse and computer CPU.
- Use the application’s uninstaller (or Windows’ Add/Remove Programs utility) to remove programs.
- Regularly clean up the contents of your temporary Internet files.
- Check to be sure that you have up-to-date security patches from Microsoft.
- Periodically use your virus checker and make sure your virus definitions up to date.
- Use water or harsh cleaners, especially on monitor screens.
- Use Windows Explorer (or other such tools) to remove programs by deleting files and folders.
- Shut down your computer by pushing the power button.
- Edit the Registry yourself unless you’re 100% sure that you know what you’re doing.
You asked for it – we can now supply it.
Many of you asked that we come up with a way to keep track of issues or be able to monitor your systems but not break the bank. Relia-Tech has the right plan for you. With our many Remote Monitoring and Maintenance (RMM) Plans we can find the one that fits your needs.
Just a few of the services we are able to monitor are as follows:
- Critical Events Check & Reports: Alerts us in the event of any critical events occurring so that we can act fast to fix potential problems.
- Daily Backup Check: Ensures that your backup has completed successfully. If not, an alert is sent and your Client Portal is highlighted.
- Daily Anti-Virus: Check Ensures that your system is using the most up-to-date pattern files. If not, it will send an alert so that remedial action may be taken.
- Exchange Information Store Size Check: Checks that the size of the Information Store does not exceed a pre-defined threshold. If it does, it will alert you so that steps can be taken to prevent Exchange from crashing.
- Drive Space Consumption Check: Checks whether the rate of growth on any drive exceeds your specified limit. This enables you to spot developing problems before they become critical.
- Physical Health: Check Monitors for smart disk alerts, checks if any disks have failed, and can even look for failed memory.